From I-77 or I-74:
- In North Carolina, take exit 100 from I-77, or exit 6 from I-74, for Mount Airy.
- Turn west, away from Mt. Airy, onto Pine Street/Highway 89. This is a left if you were headed north on the interstate, or a right if you were driving south. You may want to get gas on the way; there is a gas station a couple of miles down 89 that is about 5 cents cheaper than the gas next to the interstate. Follow this road for 7.2 miles, or slightly longer if you took I-74.
- Turn left on Ramey Creek Road. You are coming up on this turn when you see an extra left-turn lane on your side of the road. There will also be a sign for the recycling center pointing towards Ramey Creek Road.
- Almost immediately, turn right to stay on Ramey Creek Road. The intersection is a bit confusing; follow the arrows on the street signs. Continue for 2.7 miles.
- Turn left on Ramey Orchard Road. Ramey Orchard Road is the first left after Wildlife Club Road.
- Follow Ramey Orchard Road for one mile. You will have a slight left turn, onto a gravel road. Be careful; some of the driveways look like a continuation of the road. You will pass three homes on your left. Keep going up the steep hill and through the open gate. The road ends at Wellspring Mountain. Follow the road to the lodge (the big building directly in front of you) and continue as the road turns left and ends at the office. Check in with us there.